Monday, January 12, 2015

Sapiosexual

The more I heard about him, the deeper I fell
"He's smart!" They told me; "He's sweet!" They said
In the flood of his smart, sweet, intelligence
I dropped, swimming with the fishes, weighed down with cement

Like the bottom from my world
When they said he loved another girl
They told me numbers don't lie
They don't turn a blind eye
That his heart, although broken
Was irretrievably taken

They showed me shadows in his eyes
And hidden pain in his smile
They told me he'd never returned
Forever shy now he'd been burned

The more I heard
The more I yearned
The more he said
The harder I fell

His bruises match mine now, one for one
They said his love was forever gone
They said it was hers, he'd never be free
They told me to walk away but nobody could see

That was harder than anything else could be
I wanted to cure the hurt I could see
The more I heard, the more I fell
For him; sweet, hurt, intelligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment