Sunday, January 18, 2015

SMM Dilemmas

We all have moments in life
When it's time to make  choice
One decision that could change all
One move; either way, it's your call
You decide, you choose your fate
You pick between relief and hate
One way or the other, you're stuck and you know it
You're losing your mind and you cannot show it
It is a curse of society
The diktat of propriety
Should I - Could I do that?
Can I ping him?
Do I dare start a chat?
Would he respond, would he ignore it?
Would I look at the ground, hope to be swallowed up by it?
Distraction won't work. Eyes stray to the page
Where they tell me he's still online at this stage
Start typing
Stop typing
Start typing
Delete
And he's still online, making this harder for me
Maybe that chat will result in something more by and by
The thought gives me the strength to finally type "Hi..."
And the crazy voices in my head
Scream that I should have ignored him instead
And now I stare and I stare some more
Hoping for a reply, hoping I'm not ignored...

No comments:

Post a Comment