Thursday, January 8, 2015

Stories

What will I do when I miss you?
When nights are hard because the day didn’t have you in it?
How will I deal with day after day
Dealing all alone with life’s shit?
Because even on the most selfish level
Soon we’ll be in different places, and I’ll miss you like hell

So what’ll I do when I miss you?
When I want to drink and talk about work?
What’ll I do when I feel that need
To go out and eat way too much?
What will I do when I want a hug?
What on earth am I to do
When you’re alone there and you might need me too?

I’ll miss you like hell
You know me enough to know that well
In you, cheesy as it sounds, I’ve had it all
I’ve found a poet, a best friend, a sounding wall
I’ve had hugs and love and fights
I’ve had chilly bike rides and unforgettable nights
We have stories together, you and I do
When I miss you, that’s what I’ll do
I’ll write out our stories
I’ll write them well
I’ll keep them to remember you and me
When I’m alone and I’m missing you like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment