Sunday, April 12, 2015

Aashna Iyer Performs - "Inheritance"




I can't believe it took me this long to put this up!
Really makes me question my existence, this lapse... Anyway...

Menstruation isn't too much fun, guys, I mean, let's face it, we hate 'that time of month'. And you know what society does to make it better for us?
They treat us like we're dirty.
We're not allowed into temples, not allowed to touch our own stuff, not allowed to eat what we want, wear what we want, not allowed to play with who we want... Life after puberty is shitty, if you're a woman, and there's no reason why it should be!
It's so silly that we're a country of people for whom sacred equals 'motherland', 'gai-mata', 'Durga-ma' and what not... You know what ALL MOTHERS have to go through? Menstruation!
What is the logic here? NONE!

This is my attempt to get you to think a little, question a little, and maybe stop inheriting those ridiculous bits and pieces of knowledge that have been passed down to you by generations of ignorance...


No comments:

Post a Comment