Sunday, May 10, 2015

Dance With Me

I braided my hair with precision I had learnt from insistent school teachers.
The cool night breeze stopped momentarily as the bus paused to let people off. I looked at the face next to mine, outlined against the streetlights.
"Dance with me..."
She looked at me reflecting every bit of the light around, wondering, I could clearly see, if I had finally lost my last logical thought process. I laughed at her surprise and grabbed her hand, running to the front, leaping out of the bus as it pulled away.
I could hear the conductor yelling abuses at us, but it didn't matter.
I loved this spot. It was along the seaside, breeze in your face... "Perfect for a dance, I say..." I spun her into a turn, laughing at her surprise.
She turned like a floating leaf.
I didn't expect such grace when caught off-guard, but she spun around and stopped perfectly. I pulled her back towards me, feeling a kick in the gut as she rolled against my chest, turning in my embrace.
Those eyes, those glowing pools of magic, looking up into mine, she ran her fingers down my neck, one hand still in my grasp.
"Let's dance."
There was a good chance she had telepathically transferred the thought to me, because nothing broke the silence of the spell she was weaving.
She twisted out of my arms, one hand anchoring her to me, as she drifted around me.
She led me, twirling step by step towards the pavement, where she proceeded to land, like a petal settling on the ground.
I turned her once more, wanting to see the precise magic of her movements before she stopped, and for the first time, she stumbled. Her grimace of self deprecation was possibly the most alluring thing I'd seen. She didn't like not being perfect, she didn't like making a mistake... I caught her around the waist, marveling at the sheer feeling of the body I held.
She turned to look at me. The shadows on her face kept me from reading the stories her eyes were telling me, but I didn't need to see a thing. I knew before she reached up to my face what was to follow. Her fingers played along my waist, and the other hand played with my braid. What the shadows didn't hide was hidden when she undid my hair with a deliberate hand, coming closer to me till all either of us could see were shadows, all I could feel was her hand on my neck, and her lips on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment