Monday, September 15, 2014

Love Songs

I have most definitely not had enough
Of silly love songs.
There's plenty and more around
Making sure to keep it real.
And enough to pull me down to earth.
But there aren't enough in the world,
These silly love song.
They give you hope, these love songs.
Love so easy that it fits in a line.
Feelings full of meaning but so simple;
No complication, no confusion.
A look, a touch, a kiss, a sigh.
Love can be just you and me;
No past, no future, nobody else.
Love is you, love is me.
When we're together, and when you're away.
It can mean so much, yet so little.
But my love is mine;
And my love, it's yours.
Yours to hold and keep, or shun, if you feel.
Mine to smile with, fight for, and keep safe in my scrapbook.
Mine to think of, and hum
Hum those silly love songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment