Saturday, September 20, 2014

Kahaani Kuch Jyaada Hi TV Ki

The midget is your usual TV-enthusiast child-of-the-90s.
I love my cartoons, and my RomComs and SitComs and have a particular soft corner good-looking men with sexy accents.
I don't usually rant about the media, because, let's face it, my bread-sans-butter comes from all kinds of media thingamies. But there's one thing I cannot suffer silently, and that's the soap-opera. More specifically, the Indian TVC's contribution to soap-operas has me fuming.
Because in a country where they only need the dream of the hint of smoke before they call the fire-brigade, the blatant kitchen-sink politics they showcase, even glorify can contribute to some unpleasant domestic situations. Our TVCs show violence, greed, crime, adultery, emotional abuse all in the guise of 'entertainment'.

It frustrates me. So I did what I always do when frustrated. I wrote. And then performed it. Here it is... Kahaani Kuch Zyaada Hi TV Ki

Responses welcome.

Critique encouraged.

Please do fight with me on this one. I'd love to have a chance to rant impromptu!

No comments:

Post a Comment