Monday, September 15, 2014

Chai-Biskoot

Once upon a tea-time, there was a Parle-G

We know of it, this isn’t something alien to you and me

But in its little chai-time world, the little thing was upset

Because the one it loved most of all didn’t acknowledge it as yet

“All I want is some warmth in life” sighed little Parle-G
“There’s nothing worse than loneliness, if you care to ask me
And a love once warm, which has sat cooling for too long
Or a love that’s weak and pale and not passionate and strong”

The reason behind these laments made by little Parle-G
Was its undying everlasting love for adrak-wala-tea
It was a result of a fleeting glance across the kitchen shelf
That made the little biscuit forget absolutely all else.

“Someday, they’ll remember me and take me down as well
And that’s the day that chai will fall under my glucose-fuelled spell”
Thus Parle-G hatched carefully, a plan for that fateful day
And one day, lo and behold, a hand reached up its way.

And down came Parle-G in joy, heart singing a random tune
The scene with chai, till now a dream, to be realized real soon
Imagine the horror of the sound of an exclaimed realization
“This packet has expired! I’m throwing it, there’s no question”

And Parle-G cried out in dismay as the dream faded away
Eyes closed, hoped for a miracle, at least some time in the tray
But when Parle-G opened its eyes, it knew without a doubt
This was the dreaded dustbin which was eventually emptied out

Parle-G was heartbroken, and deprived of love for sure
It lay morose where it was tossed, incapable of moving anymore
A small voice came from nearby, almost inaudible at first
“I’m so glad I finally found you, I’m so happy, I could burst”

Parle-G, first terrified of a disembodied voice
Eventually calmed down enough to note in some surprise
That there was a lump of something very near where it lay
After gathering some energy “Who are you?” it managed to say

“I’m sorry, I’ve been rude,” came the reply, “I should have said before”
“My name is Chai, I’ve seen you on the shelf, you probably don’t remember me, though”
Imagine the joy in Parle-G’s heart when it realized it had met its love
After all the prayers sent fervently to the tea-party above

Together, in the dark, smelly bin, Chai and biscuit bonded
And as they spoke, magic took place much like what P-G wanted
“An undeniable bond they shared, one that would never break
And thus, with every cup of tea, a biscuit one will take”

Thus said the chai-time goddess, the queen of tapris, cafes and homes
After watching the love and camaraderie between the two unfold
And thus, today, no matter who you are, when having tea
You’ll always feel unsatisfied until you unite it with Parle-G

“You'll drown in my love, I must warn you, my sweet
There's disaster guaranteed when you and I meet
Your very self will crumble in the flood of my feelings
You must know beforehand with what you are dealing.”

Chai, thus, with a little tremble, warned Parle-G off
Afraid that it would cause the destruction of their love
And was beyond surprised when smitten P-G
Proceeded to crumble into the tea

And said with a smile that touched Chai's heart
"At least this way, we never will part
And you, too, are becoming a part of me
Forever we'll be Parle-G and tea"

This is a love for the ages, I personally feel
Something that we should learn from, a love so very real
No fancy games, no dates, no phones, no complications arise

All that this is, is togetherness, taught effectively by biscuit and chai.

No comments:

Post a Comment